Menu Contact
Call Us 24/7 For Help
Get Treated Like Family
We care deeply about our clients, and we believe we’re the only law firm you and your family will ever need.

Pursuing Justice For Accident Victims In Indiana

Pursuing a wrongful death claim: Move quickly

The devastation you feel at the loss of a loved one may make it hard for you and other family members to move on or to function for a while. You may need time to heal and to focus on providing care for those that your loved one left behind.

After you lose someone suddenly, you're not likely to immediately worry about a lawsuit. However, the compensation you could receive in a lawsuit could be of assistance to you, especially if you wish to seek compensation for your loved one's death. It's common to file these claims after a death caused by the negligence or irresponsibility of another person. They are also common following violent acts where a person was killed.

If you want to file a lawsuit, you need to have a direct relationship with the decedent. For instance, you may need to be a relative, child, surviving spouse or sibling of the person who passed. In some cases, friends or colleagues might have a situation in which they'd qualify to make a case, but it's unlikely.

Keep in mind that you have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit after a person's death. In Indiana, you typically have only two years from the date of the person's death to file a lawsuit. After that, you'll give up your right to pursue a claim.

Our site has more on what to do if you lose a loved one in an accident. You may be able to file a claim and obtain compensation to help you cover your losses in this trying time.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Not Sure What To Do Next?

Take The First Step

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Stop the worry and talk to attorney Matt Boulton. His advice is always free, always professional and always sincere.

Boulton Law Group, LLC
405 E. Main St.
Brownsburg, IN 46112

Phone: 317-350-4935
Fax: 317-858-3232
Map & Directions