Being in a car accident can be traumatic. You may suffer physical and emotional harm. Your challenges can increase when you discover an uninsured driver hit you. Motorists have a responsibility to drive and act safely on the roads. If an uninsured driver behaved negligently and caused your car accident, you shouldn’t be liable for the resulting expenses.
With legal help from a reliable and experienced car accident attorney at Boulton Law Group, you can get compensation for your damages and injuries, allowing you to move on with your life.
Pursuing Compensation After an Accident
An uninsured driver accident may result in various expenses. Depending on your collision’s details, you can be eligible for multiple types of compensation. You can pursue these types of payments after an uninsured motorist accident:
- medical expenses, such as ambulance rides, ER visits, or surgery costs
- disability damages
- loss of future earning ability
- property damage, such as car replacement or repair
- compensation for any pain and suffering experienced
- lost wages, plus PTO or sick days you’ve used because of the accident
Seeking a Settlement From Your Insurer
You can seek a settlement from your insurance provider when injured in a car accident caused by an uninsured motorist. The person at-fault typically covers the accident’s expenses. However, your uninsured motorist coverage can kick in when an uninsured driver hits you. This insurance policy can cover individuals hit by uninsured drivers.
If you have uninsured motorist coverage, it may be straightforward to get your insurance provider to cover the accident’s losses. When you file a claim with the company, the insurer can calculate your accident claim’s worth and offer a settlement.
While this process seems straightforward, insurance companies may offer accident victims less payment than they deserve. An accident attorney can help you get a favorable settlement or guide you through the subsequent steps.
Talk to Attorney Matt Boulton Today
Schedule your free case consultation with one of Indiana’s most experienced personal injury attorneysFree Case Review
Taking Your Claim to Court
Your insurance provider may be unwilling to cover the uninsured motorist car accident damages. If your insurer isn’t willing to cater to your injuries, you can take your claim to court. An attorney can advise and guide you through the process. For example, they can assess your situation, determine the best suit to file, handle court paperwork, pay the necessary fees, and represent you through discovery and depositions. The car accident lawyer can also argue your case before a jury or judge.
Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Attorney for Your Uninsured Driver Crash Claim
You can hire a car crash attorney to help you with your uninsured driver claim in these ways:
- Develop a claim for compensation on your behalf. An experienced car accident lawyer can help draft your claim. They can identify the entity to seek compensation, determine your damages, and present the claim. Partnering with a reliable and experienced car collision lawyer can maximize your chances of a successful claim process.
- Handle negotiations. Insurance companies, the uninsured driver, or the motorist’s attorney may try to take advantage of you after an uninsured driver accident. They may pressure or trick you into accepting less settlement or taking fault. An experienced car accident lawyer can handle the negotiations on your behalf. They can identify the tactics other parties can use and counter them to protect your interests.
- Use their legal knowledge. Car accidents attorney can possess vast legal knowledge that benefits you when you hire them. They know the relevant legal statutes, understand court processes, follow legal principles, and recognize applicable precedents. If your claim settles out of court, they can help draft a valid contract and ensure the terms are binding.
- Get their experienced representation. Hiring a car accident lawyer allows you to get experienced legal services. The attorney can use their extensive years of service to help you reach a favorable agreement with the relevant parties. For example, they can advise you on the appropriate legal courses after an uninsured motorist accident.
- Fast track your claims process. A claims process can last weeks, months, or years. In some cases, some lawyers or insurance firms can drag out the process with victims settling on unfavorable terms. A lawyer can help you fast-track this procedure. Car accident attorneys can recognize and thwart the delay tactics. They can also agree on favorable terms on contentious issues that can drag out the claim process.
Boulton Law Group is a reliable and professional law firm that can help you after an uninsured driver has hit you. Once you contact us, our experienced attorney will evaluate your case, highlight your options, and guide you through the claims process. Contact us today to get expert legal representation.